Sorry! This position is no longer available!
We are recruiting for an exceptional Legal Counsel – Commercial to provide comprehensive and strategic legal support and serve as the subject matter expert for all commercial/transactional services. This individual will report to our General Counsel and will work out of our corporate office in north central Phoenix.
- Provide legal and strategic leadership across internal functions to support commercial projects.
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of complex commercial agreements including contracts, strategic partner agreements, procurement and vendor contracts, confidentiality agreements and other contracts.
- Negotiate commercial agreements, working with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Review, draft and manage licenses and intellectual property agreements.
- Maintain and develop legal compliance and risk mitigation strategies including drafting and maintaining contract forms, legal documents and systems.
- Identify, assess and recommend alternative courses of action and options to support strategic management and decision making.
- Prepare and explain legal analysis of complex legal and commercial issues.
- Support the business generally, including handling routine contract drafting, review and negotiation.
- Support M&A and other business development activities as needed.
- Licensed to practice in Arizona or eligible for admission to Arizona bar on basis of reciprocity.
- 6-8 years of legal experience. Experience with mergers and acquisitions preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent legal judgment and ability to provide pragmatic and strategic legal advice to the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization and with outside entities.
- EPCOR USA offers extremely competitive salaries, an incentive award program, and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision and other insurance coverage, generous time-off schedules, training opportunities, tuition reimbursement, and certification support. We’ve been voted as a Best Places to Work employer and we value the safety of each of our team members through our robust safety training and celebration of safety milestones.
- EPCOR USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Closing Date: 3rd November, 2019