Omniscient seeks an experienced, qualified lawyer for the role of Legal Counsel, Americas.
This position has the responsibility and authority to oversee and lead legal activities in the Americas. The position reports to the General Counsel located in Sydney, Australia and Vice-President, North America located in Atlanta, Georgia.About Omniscient
Omniscient Neurotechnology is the “Human Connectome Company”.
Headquartered in Australia, Omniscient is a pioneer in Human Connectomics, a field of neuroscience that investigates the structural and functional connections of the human brain. Such study is providing researchers and clinicians the tools to better understand and treat complex neurological and mental disorders in a hyper-personalized way.
Our technology uses routine MRI scans to produce personalized brain maps via patented cloud and machine-learning based processing techniques. Traits and abnormalities derived from an individual’s brain pathways can allow neurosurgeons, neurologists, psychologists and psychiatrists the ability to make more accurate diagnosis and create personalized treatment plans for all brain-related disorders.
Our products deliver these maps with enterprise-grade efficiency and usability, enabling broader access to vital subject-specific neurological insights. These insights are rapidly changing the research, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases such as depression, anxiety, dementia, chronic pain, cancer, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, ADD, ADHD, PTSD & TBI.
Since founding, we have grown exponentially and achieved several world-firsts, such as the development of the world’s first Connectomic neurosurgical planning platform to be cleared by regulatory bodies. Today, we are building the world’s most advanced repository of brain imaging data to facilitate researchers globally with the goal of using machine learning to explore the brain’s 100 billion connections.
With continued development, we intend to improve the lives of billions with both medical and non-medical products and services that drastically change how the human brain is understood, treated, and even enhanced.
To achieve our goals we have recruited a high-caliber team of professionals in Australia, USA, China, and Canada and are continuing to grow our team globally.Minimum Key Requirements
- Strong academic credentials and degree in law from an accredited law school.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ post admission legal experience with a multi-national company and/or law firm.
- Medical device and/or healthcare industry experience is highly desired.
- Proven leadership abilities and strong experience working in multi-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate would be located in Atlanta, GA and would utilize both remote and in-person working options
- Actively participate in Legal Leadership Team to drive legal & regulatory compliance, quality, and support across the global business. Strong interaction with Finance; People & Culture; Regulatory Affairs; Product Development; & Sales & Marketing teams.
- Actively participate in core leadership team in Americas, with demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner with key business leaders from different business units regarding business strategy and related legal and compliance issues.
Proven ability to provide strong commercial legal advice to executive team and senior country leaders, in substantive areas of the law, including, but not limited to:
- negotiation and drafting of a wide array of commercial contracts, including product license agreements with hospital customers.
- data privacy, including knowledge and experience of HIPAA regulations.
- medical device regulatory law.
- product liability.
- distribution and agency law.
- competition law.
- labor & employment law, and
- corporate governance (including policy management and corporate record keeping).
Due to the multidisciplinary nature of our business, the ideal candidate will be adept at working with members of the business at various levels of seniority, including sales, marketing, and research staff.Intellectual Property:Must have:
Perks & Benefits
- experience identifying and protecting software and data intellectual property rights in commercial transactions, and
- a basic understanding of patent and trade mark laws in the United States to assist General Counsel with patent & trade mark matters.
- Competitive salary, plus ESOP plan
- Flexible and remote working - we value work-life balance
- Spa week (company-wide offsite at a cool location!)