Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.Requirements
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from a recognized university
- California Bar Registration
- 5-10+ years of experience practicing general corporate, securities, and M&A law
- Extraordinary communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear explanations to members of other teams, including senior management
- Excellent decision-making skills with a knack for identifying, prioritizing, and articulating the highest impact initiatives
- Natural curiosity, technical savvy, and a real passion for working in a customer-focused company where business, technology, and law intersect
- The mentality that no task is too big or too small and a willingness to work together towards solutions with integrity, diplomacy, and has demonstrated understanding of the laws, regulations, standards, and guidance governing the conduct of a newly commercializing Company
- A strong leader who has the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of a team of legal professionals, paralegals and other consultants
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations internally and to external parties and the Board
- Experience of working with the laws, regulations and standards in the medical device or life-sciences industries preferred
- Recent experience taking a Company through the IPO process preferred
- Engage directly with executives across the company to understand company priorities and goals, trends in our business, and other issues facing our employees and business
- Assist with the preparation for board and committee meetings and the planning of the annual meeting of stockholders, including working with the office of the CEO in preparing Board updates, assisting initiatives in improving governance, and assisting in the preparation of proxy statements and related filings
- Work closely with our investor relations team in reviewing and contributing to our quarterly letter to shareholders, analyze our public metrics generated by our analytics teams, and analyze investor communications for compliance.
- Provide support for M&A, strategic investments, debt transactions, and other strategic transactions, including assisting in drafting LOIs, standardizing due diligence execution across teams, assisting in drafting and negotiating deal agreements, managing outside counsels as needed, and coordinating post-close matters
- Lead and supervise other special or miscellaneous projects as needed
- Provides counsel, legal opinion and legal interpretation to management and the Board on a wide range of legal matters
- Oversees the definition and development of corporate compliance activities including the creation of policies, procedures and programs
- Oversees the drafting, reviewing and approval of all company agreements, including key agreements relating to customers, partnership arrangements, suppliers and vendors, payers, distributors, clinical trials, software and technology licensing, employment and consulting
- Provides legal advice and counsel relating to global international expansion
- Oversees corporate governance, including maintenance of corporate records working with outside counsel, where required, on securities law matters
- Actively participates in corporate-level transactions, including identifying key issues and risks, working closely with other members of the company's management team and informing and advising the company's Board of Directors as needed
- Leads the in-house legal team hiring and managing a team of in-house legal professionals
- Relocation Assistance, Stock Options
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits, free breakfast lunch and dinner from an array of local restaurants.
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Gym membership, Learning/Education Budget
- Bonuses and other accelerators.
- Work Visa Sponsorship available.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
* * This role is located in San Diego. Relocation to San Diego is required. We offer relocation assistance! **