Facebook is seeking a talented, highly motivated and flexible Lead Commercial Counsel to work on various commercial transactions in support of our Mobile initiatives. You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including service, partnerships, distribution and beta agreements. You will also advise clients on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations. The ideal candidate is comfortable with and responsive to rapid developments and changes in direction as well as working with technologies, products and in practice areas without much precedence. Diligent and proactive, you have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment, technical acumen, communication skills and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
Lead Counsel, Commercial Responsibilities
- Contract drafting, negotiation, strategy and advisory responsibilities for Facebook's (and WhatsApp’s) partnerships, business development, product and engineering teams
- Provide practical and effective strategic business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach for our relationships with key partners
- Commercial transaction support for other departments as required
- Administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Prioritize and manage simultaneous legal matters under tight timelines
- Project Management
- Template and playbook development, review, maintenance and administration
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney, including in-house experience with internet or technology companies and/or at a top tier law firm
- Demonstrated experience with complex technology transactions with leading edge technology companies, mobile operators, SMS service providers and/or mobile infrastructure providers
- Experience negotiating complex technology transactions
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.