Sorry! This position is no longer available!
The Baltimore Police Department is looking for a Law Instructor Supervisor to join the Education and Training Section.Duties & Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:Education
- Supervise the Legal Education Unit, which currently includes five law instructors.
- Assign law instructors to teach courses and lessons.
- Assign law instructors to develop and revise courses and lessons.
- Complete periodic in-class observations and evaluations of law instructors.
- Review and approve law-related lesson plans and e-learning courses.
- Oversee recruit testing during scenarios, including final scenarios, in which recruits must demonstrate proper application of the law.
- Complete mid-year and annual MAPS performance evaluations of law instructors.
- Manage the affairs of the Legal Education Unit, to include scheduling, leave requests, Workday approvals and submissions, and other administrative tasks.
- Recruit and recommend new law instructors as positions become vacant.
- Provide legal education and guidance to police department personnel on matters of criminal and civil law relating to police practice and procedure.
- Author/review/recommend legal bulletins and e-learnings related to new statutes, case law, or similar matters.
- Answer legal education inquiries from police department personnel related to criminal and civil law relating to police practice and procedure topics.
- Participate in Performance Review Board to evaluate the application of criminal and civil law to police practice and procedure.
- Participate in the development of new courses and revision of existing courses.
- Entry-level and in-service law courses.
- Law modules incorporated within wider courses, such as FTO certification, supervisor and administrator training, etc.
- Collaborate with E&T staff, other department staff, Monitoring Team members, U.S. Department of Justice representatives, and community stakeholders in developing training under the auspices of the Consent Decree.
- Instruct/facilitate law-related courses and other courses as assigned.
- Assist the Academic Director in effectively discharging the responsibilities of the Academics Unit.
- Assist the Academy Commander in effectively discharging the responsibilities of the Education & Training Section.
- Collaborate and cooperate with E&T staff, supervisors, and commanders in carrying out the mission of the Education & Training Section.
: J.D. degree and experience in the practice of criminal law.Experience
: Supervisor/manager and experience as a trainer/educator preferred.
Closing Date: 22nd September, 2021