The part-time Law Clerk position is a results-driven individual with the desire to learn the legal process and the consumer collection industry. The Law Clerk will focus on continuous quality work product and performance in the Firm’s energized and fast-paced environment while doing right, maintaining integrity and achieving results.
Excellent opportunity for a Law Student!
Position: - Law Clerk- (Part-Time)
We are currently looking to hire a Part-time Law Clerk in our Office. The successful candidate will be a team-player, have a high level of attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) and the ability to multi-task.
Job Description: As a Part-time Law Clerk you will be responsible for performing a variety of general legal support tasks including but not limited to:
- Document account/file activity in accordance with the Firm and client policies into the Firm’s system of record.
- Draft and generate motions, pleadings and other legal documents for attorney review.
- Monitor litigation files to final adjudication.
- Ensure all scheduled hearings are calendared and assist attorneys in hearing preparation.
- File documents with the courts via the traditional and electronic filings methods, as applicable
- Communicate with clients, as needed, regarding contested litigation matters.
- Perform general clerical duties including scanning, photocopying, collating, and faxing.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Typing and keyboarding experience with 50+ WPM required.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is required.
- Collection Law knowledge is helpful.
- Basic knowledge of the legal process and legal documents required.
1L, 2L and 3Ls are encouraged to apply. Position has potential to turn into an Associate Attorney role upon graduation. For consideration, you must submit your resume and cover letter