The Analytics Lab Law Clerk II is responsible for acting as a liaison between client leads, attorneys, investigators and data analysts. The Law Clerk advises Analytics Lab staff on legal issues in the collection, documentation, and onboarding of data, and is responsible for providing focus to the analysts on the pertinent legal issues of cases. Must have the ability to guide and assist data analysts as required, and may review or draft analysis and reports to convey the results of analysis conducted by the Analytics Lab.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of a Project Manager or Analytics Lab Manager.
- Responsibilities may include acting as primary interface with trial attorneys, investigators, experts, and other client staff.
- Acts independently and/or as a team leader on larger projects.
- Performs complex legal research.
- Reviews and digests legal documents, such as motions, briefs, and memoranda of law.
- Advises Analytic Lab managers and staff on legal theory and other legal issues including relevance and privilege.
- Drafts and/or reviews analysis and reports detailing the results of analysis conducted by the Analytics Lab.
- Proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients, attorneys, and analysts.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Experience with Relativity is a strong plus.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
Education and Experience Required:
- Must have law degree.
- Minimum of two to three years of progressively more responsible experience on litigation support projects.
- Admission to one or more State Bars highly desirable.