Cowen’s Legal Department is seeking an employment lawyer to join its New York Legal Team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain a broad exposure to all aspects of employment law, including contracts, transactional work, employee benefits, litigation management, and counseling. This role will report into the Firm’s Employment Counsel .and will interact with all levels of professionals within the organization.Key Responsibilities:
- Drafting, revising and negotiating employment contracts, separation agreements and other employment related agreements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in all areas of employment law.
- Provide advice to management and human resources business partners on a broad range of employment issues.
- Manage litigation and respond to pre-litigation demands and agency charges.
- Advise Human Resources on employee relations issues and conduct internal investigations.
- Oversee internal audits and reviews.
- Conduct due diligence and participate as subject matter expert for corporate transactions on behalf of Cowen Inc.
- JD degree from a leading university and licensed to practice law in New York,
- Minimum of 4-6 years of law firm experience in an employment law or employee benefits practice group; or at 3 years of in an equivalent in-house experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including contract drafting required.
- Transactional, employee benefits, or international employment law experience a plus.
- High levels of ethics, integrity and judgment.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior management and Human Resources.
- Comfortable in and committed to a teamwork environment.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to work outside comfort zone on new projects and areas outside of expertise.
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Inc. will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.