Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP, a rapidly-expanding national litigation firm with 190+ attorneys in 14 offices, is seeking a Labor & Employment Litigation Defense Attorney for its Los Angeles office with a minimum of 3 years of employment experience on either the plaintiff or defense side.
KDV's Labor and Employment practice includes employment discrimination, workplace harassment, wage and hour defense, as well as traditional labor law matters. Our attorneys represent private companies, as well as insurance carriers and their insureds before state and federal courts, the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the United States Department of Labor, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the California Department of Industrial Relations, state and local human rights agencies, and the National Labor Relations Board. KDV provides a friendly, respectful and intellectual work environment. Our attorneys consistently earn accolades for excellent lawyering and client service. We are a diverse and progressive law firm, offering growth, leadership and educational opportunities to all of our team members.Qualifications:
- a minimum of 3 years of labor & employment litigation experience
- experience with federal and state wage and hour cases, including collective and class actions is a plus
- Experience handling investigations before the U.S. Department of Labor, the California Department of Industrial Relations, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, EEOC and other state and local human rights agencies.
- Experience appearing before the National Labor Relations Board regarding matters related to union organizing, collective bargaining, unfair labor practices, union elections, and arbitrations.
- Experience handling employment litigation in federal and state court.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Admission to the bar of the State of California
As part of its continued efforts to actively recruit and advance the recruitment, development and promotion of diverse lawyers, Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck is participating in Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 2021 initiative. The Mansfield Rule is named for Arabella Mansfield, the first woman admitted to practice law in the United States. It measures whether law firms affirmatively consider diverse lawyers for promotions, senior-level hiring and significant leadership roles. Under this initiative, KDV strives for a candidate pool consisting of at least 30% women, attorneys of color, and/or LGBTQ+ attorneys for all lateral partner and mid-to-senior-level associate hires.