Dorsey is seeking an experienced Labor & Employment Associate to join our Minneapolis office. This associate will work closely with partners on a wide variety of employment litigation matters, including wage and hour collective actions, class actions and single plaintiff cases, as well as complex advice matters. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a proven foundation in employment litigation who is ready to take the next step in their career. Specifically, this associate will be expected to handle the following types of tasks with little supervision:
Qualified candidates will have:
- Manage single-plaintiff cases and play a substantial role in managing complex litigation
- Collaborate with partners on case strategy and tactics
- Substantial brief writing
- Interview witnesses and prepare fact presentations for litigated matters
- Draft discovery requests and responses to discovery requests
- Take and defend depositions
- Conduct legal research and draft research memoranda
- Provide increasingly complex employment law advice and counsel based on experience
- Substantial trial work, as required
- Four to six years of employment litigation and counseling experience in a law firm setting
- A team-based approach to the practice of law
- A commitment to diversity and personal practice development
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication
- Admission to the Minnesota bar is required. Additional bar admissions in the upper Midwest (Iowa, Illinois, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin) or California are a plus.
Dorsey offers opportunities for advancement within a collaborative and dynamic environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Our benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners); Dorsey & Whitney 401(K) Retirement and Savings Plan; 15 weeks of paid parental leave, plus an additional 6-8 weeks of paid short-term disability for lawyers who give birth; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; education and college advising programs; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more!
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive work environment. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We believe that everyone should feel at home and part of our community.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.