Sunstreet Mortgage, LLC, established in 2005, is a Tucson, Arizona based residential mortgage lender focused on leading our clients through the path that takes them home! We pride ourselves in understanding our client's needs and guiding them through every step of the residential mortgage loan process, whether purchasing their first home, or refinancing an investment property. With competitive pricing, the ability to offer a variety of loan programs (including conventional, FHA, USDA, VA, Reverse Mortgages, manufactured housing), convenient locations, in-house underwriting, quick closing, and exceptional service from initial discussion through loan funding, we are here to help our clients find the right solution for their residential mortgage lending needs.
Nothing is more important than being courteous, friendly, prompt, and helpful to customers and potential customers. We are seeking a qualified individual with a mortgage background to assist in the growth of our expanding organization.
Sunstreet Mortgage, LLC is seeking a Junior Mortgage Compliance Counsel to assist in the development and implementation of the established compliance program to ensure company compliance with applicable state and federal statutes and regulations and with GSE requirements. In addition, the successful applicant will provide assistant, support, and training to the branches with respect to compliance issues and concerns.
The Junior Mortgage Compliance Counsel's essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and provide analysis and counsel on legal issues relative to residential mortgage loan origination, fair lending, privacy, and general corporate compliance matters to management, corporate departments and branch personnel.
- Manage and report on regulatory compliance risks covering all aspects of the company; assist General Counsel on a broad range of legal topics.
- Provide proactive guidance to senior management in identifying compliance risks.
- Assist with management of regulatory, investor and lending compliance audit reviews and examinations. Ensure team is coordinating materials and responses to audit requests and findings. Maintain good working relationships with regulatory agencies and investors.
- Work closely with business units to implement required changes of law related to loan origination processes, including definition of Qualified Mortgage, TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA, etc.
- Draft advisory compliance memoranda, bulletins, training materials, policies and procedures covering new/existing laws and regulations affecting the company and maintains accessible records of such materials.
- Ensure adequate policies and procedures exist regarding compliance laws related to lending channels.
- Track changes in federal/state laws and regulations to establish applicable policies/procedures and implement changes to procedures, loan documentation, disclosures, loan fees, loan origination, processing, underwriting and closing practices and all loan origination software.
- Oversee review and approval of policies, procedures, practices, training materials, marketing materials, consumer disclosures, and other communications for compliance with legal requirements.
- Interface and provide counsel and guidance including direct communication and complex written analysis and advice for Executive and Senior Management.
- Conduct agreement review; draft and negotiate correspondent, lease, broker and vendor agreements.
- Conduct complex legal research and investigation of claims and defenses; develop oral and written advice and present recommendations to management.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Position requirements and competencies:
- Active license to practice law with a deep understanding of compliance and federal consumer laws and regulations, preferably with mortgage origination compliance regulations, including RESPA/TILA, BSA, SARs, TRID, Dodd Frank, Reg B, Reg C, Reg E, Reg Z, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Housing Act, SAFE Act, Homeowner's Equity Protection Act.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations with regards to essential duties and responsibilities, including, but not limited to, Dodd-Frank, TRID, Section 32, predatory lending, and RESPA.
- Demonstrated capabilities in quantifying risk and excellent legal research and analytical abilities.
- Prior experience with interpreting and applying federal, state, and investor regulations.
- JD degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association and a minimum of five years' experience practicing regulatory
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that rea required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Robust medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Voluntary life, STD, LTD and disability insurance options
- Employer paid life insurance
- Aflac supplemental insurance