This position is for 100% remote, completely transactional work for an international advertising technology company. Primary areas of law are contracts, intellectual property, privacy law, and international/comparative issues, and candidates should have strong backgrounds in these areas. International tax law knowledge is a plus. Our company is technically based out of Canada, although we're 100% remote, and many of the companies we deal with are based out of the US or outside North America.Primary responsibilities
- contract template management and revisions
- reviewing & responding to counterparties' contract term objections
- working with other counsel on administrative or other legal documents
- handling projects involving privacy laws (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, LGPD)
- reviewing and approving NDAs
- researching other matters as they may arise
- assisting with occasional non-legal matters when legal projects subside
Candidates must be licensed to practice in Canada or at least 1 jurisdiction in the United States, with no disciplinary action, and a JD, LLM, or LLB from a top 50 law school.
An ideal candidate will have 0-2 years experience in firms and/or internships, experience on similar projects as described above, strong grades in classes covering the areas of law above, and preferably an undergraduate degree in advertising, marketing, information technology, or computer science.
This is one of those few legal jobs that is completely, unequivocally, 100% remote. Calls tend to be on PDT/PST normal business hours, but other than that, your schedule is your own. Feel free to work from the beaches of Mexico, a small town villa in Europe, or wherever you can while still getting your work done. As the position is in-house, no trust account management is necessary.