Tueller & Gibbs is a sophisticated Colorado law firm made up of big firm attorneys with small egos. We are looking to add a Jr. Partner or Sr. Associate Litigator to expand our ability to do great work for our interesting clients. Our law practice is focused on complex commercial and civil litigation, real estate, business & corporate, commercial leasing, construction and tax.
We are a work-hard/play-hard firm. While many law firms say that, we’ve established our Telluride and Denver offices to live and thrive in that lifestyle. We ski, hike, bike and dine together. What does that also mean? It means that you won’t be expected to bill 2,000 hours per year but, if you choose to do so, you will be rewarded. According to our consultant, you can earn 20% higher than most firms our size. We also care about our community and maintain active roles in bettering it by volunteering our time towards philanthropic, political and legal causes.
The litigation attorney we want is someone who thrives on client interaction without needing to be told or to ask what to do every step of the way. That is not to say we do not want to mentor or develop you, because we absolutely do, we just do not want to be managers to our colleagues. We will trust you with our most precious assets, our clients, and our relationships with them. For us to do so, you must demonstrate that you are someone we could trust and rely upon by having these key attributes & abilities:
- The legal profession is a service and relationship industry, so we would like to know that you are oriented accordingly – please let us know what your clients would say about you and why.
- We want you to have developed long-term client relationships, so you must have at least $100K of your own book of business and the drive/hustle to develop a strong client base.
- You need to be a good lawyer with a great track record of success, so tell us about how you’ve been a top litigator and advocate for your clients.
- While we are looking for someone who is a strong advocate in the courtroom on behalf of their clients, we work best with people who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- Lastly, we want someone who is a problem solver with demonstrated the ability to resolve complex issues and obtain favorable outcomes for our clients, so please give us some examples of your successes.
We would also like you to have these qualifications:
- 6+ years real estate, construction and general commercial litigation experience;
- History of self-managing a large caseload and first chair trial experience;
- Strong academics and worldly mindset; and
- Must be admitted in Colorado and have District Court trial experience.
We provide healthcare with vision and monthly HSA contributions, 401K with 3% match and an amazing work environment.