UPDATE: For several years Attorney Jobs in USA has worked hard to serve you attorney jobs without any cost. We can no more avoid the growing expenses that go into the gathering attorney jobs. We have made every attempt to avoid the price, but we refuse to compromise on quality. We think you will agree that the quality of Attorney Jobs in USA should not be sacrificed. Also we are taking this step to invest in technology to bring near real-time job fee updates, on-board more employers, and offer each jobseeker a personalized and targeted job feed. We strongly believe that this will make our services better and targeted, and will provide more value to our jobseekers. We are looking forward for your positive response in the time of crisis. Our pricing will apply at the next week ($9.99/Monthly). Please let me know your suggestions and ideas about the price so we can better understand your need and better serve you! Please write back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guggenheim Life and Annuity is seeking a summer intern to join the Regulatory Compliance and Legal department. As an Intern you will assist with the preparation of various documents and filings, which may be related to regulatory inquiries and requirements, financial and market conduct inquiries, subpoena requests, and transactional matters. You will also participate in research projects utilizing various legal and regulatory research tools such as Westlaw and other online legal information systems.
Interns will be exposed to legal and regulatory compliance operations on behalf of multiple legal entities within the Guggenheim Insurance family of companies and will have opportunities to interact with others in Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company and affiliated entities.
The position is located in Indianapolis (far north side).Specific Responsibilities
- Assists with the preparation of Company documents and contracts for business agreements, confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, suitability review, regulatory compliance, and insurance holding company system filings as well as general correspondence, including letters, memos, forms, and e‑mail communications.
- Prepares resolutions by consent and minutes for corporate entities and affiliates and maintenance of original board records.
- Assists with compliance reviews and audits.
- Maintains electronic copies and inventory of corporate and legal documents, including business agreements, regulatory filings, litigation and other corporate documents of a legal and confidential nature.
- Completes assigned projects and provides general administrative support for legal and regulatory compliance functions.
- Regularly researches changes in insurance industry and legal environment to ensure the Company is in compliance with new state and federal regulations.
- Maintains and updates Enterprise Connect Database.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Currently enrolled in a graduate Juris Doctor program at an accredited college or university
- Prefer student who has completed at least 1 year of an accredited law program with a focus on corporate or insurance law.
- Grade point average of 3.3 (B+ or better)
- Exposure to professional work environment with focus on customer service
- Basic knowledge of research tools for business and legal professional helpful
- Experience working in or knowledge of regulated industries preferred
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and analytical skills with ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy
- Research and analytical skills to gather facts, analyze, organize and summarize information
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- High degree of professionalism, trustworthiness, and a demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Advanced use of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and working knowledge of Internet as a research tool
- Experience using database tools (ex: Access) and document management systems (OnBase, Enterprise Connect), and knowledge of Westlaw or Lexis-Nexis and/or other online legal information systems helpful
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Attention to detail
- Professional communication and demeanor
- Sense of urgency, initiative
- Professionalism, tact, diplomacy
- Problem solving
- Quick learner