Are you a Pre-Law Student looking for an opportunity to see a Legal office in action? Are you interested in Municipal Government?
The City of Baytown is seeking an Intern for the summer for our Legal Department. The focus of this role will be special projects with emphasis on compiling evidence for hearings and providing support for virtual dockets and hearings. We anticipate the person in this position working 20-30 hours a week, but it could be more hours depending on the reopening of the Court.Duties
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Assist with pulling and putting together evidence for hearings
- Provide support for virtual dockets and hearings
- Assist with Records Management, including boxing files earmarked for destruction, shifting files. etc.
- Assist with digitizing files and placing documents into the Legal Department's Database
- Standard office duties, including answering the telephone, typing, filing, data entry and sorting.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university actively pursuing, or completing, an education in in political science, pre-law, or related field.
- General Microsoft Office word processing and spreadsheet experience.
- Experience with Aderant Total Office Software.
General administrative abilities – typing, filing, reception, customer service. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring multi-tasking and work with confidential information. Ability to get along appropriately with co-workers and the public. Attention to detail.