McGlinchey is seeking an experienced insurance regulatory and transactions attorney with 5 to 15 years of experience to work in any of our offices. A top candidate for the position has several years of insurance regulatory experience supporting institutions and entities, including insurance and reinsurance companies, underwriters, and agencies, regulated on both the state and federal level, in an advisory or litigation based role. The ideal candidate will have experience in insurance holding company matters, product development, direct interaction with regulators and licensing at the insurer and producer level. This is an excellent opportunity for an attorney to hone his or her legal skills and insurance regulatory experience in a culture that values collaboration and hard work. Candidates must be admitted to the bar in the state where they reside, and be active, in good standing and up to date with current CLE requirements. This position may be resident in any of the offices within our footprint.Requirements of the position:
Ideal candidates will also have:
- 5 to 15 years of prior experience in the insurance regulatory field;
- A license to practice law in the state where they reside that is active, in good standing, and up to date with current CLE requirements;
- Experience representing insurance entities with licensing, market conduct, solvency, and reinsurance matters;
- Experience with complex regulatory and compliance issues including regulatory filings, company formations, admissions, reorganizations, conversions, re-domestications, expansions, and mergers and acquisitions of regulated entities;
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts, including producer, non-disclosure, affinity and vendor agreements, with governmental agencies on behalf of clients;
- Experience advising clients regarding licensing, contract review, and administrative processes; and
- Ability to distill research into meaningful and persuasive written work product and to work meticulously to ensure the quality of work product.
- A team mindset while assisting with preparation for trials and evidentiary hearings;
- Confidence in serving as a representative of clients and our firm while meeting and conferring with opposing counsel and agencies;
- Excellent research and analytical skills as well as clear and concise verbal and written communication skills; and
- A demonstrated dedication to client service.
McGlinchey Stafford is a premier midsized business law firm offering services in more than 40 practice areas through a highly integrated national platform. Flexible schedules available. While we encourage our attorneys to have a regular presence in the office to promote collegiality and our firm culture, our remote work policy provides for remote work options. All submissions will be held in strict confidence.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience; full benefits included.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.