The Frager Law Firm, P.C. focuses its practice on immigration law and provides services to clients in Tennessee and throughout the United States. Our immigration lawyers offer comprehensive legal services in all areas of immigration, including temporary visa, family and employment-based immigration, permanent residency, naturalization and citizenship, removal defense and a variety of other immigration-related areas.
The Frager Law Firm, P.C. is located in Downtown Memphis, in the same building as the Memphis USCIS and Immigration Court. We are searching for a Law Clerk to be trained in family and court-based immigration. This position is an excellent opportunity for recent or upcoming graduates looking for an opportunity to develop expertise in the immigration field.
Job duties include helping multiple attorneys:
- Prepare clients before their appearance at EOIR Memphis Immigration Court or Asylum Office.
- Handle client meetings and consultations
- Draft correspondence and other legal documents
- Manage large caseload
- Comply with all legal and ethical standards
- Ability to work outside normal office hours as needed according to caseload
- Prepare filings
- Manage various projects and meet deadlines (must have strong organizational skills)
- Negotiate, prepare, and revise documents
- Explain legal contracts to clients
- Research legislative changes that may affect immigration
- JD degree or 3rd year law student (Internship or at least 1 year of work experience in immigration field is a plus)
- Have excellent research and writing skills
- Relocation to Memphis, TN is necessary (no relocation reimbursement)
- Spanish (both written and spoken) preferred
- Must be a team player
Compensation and Benefits:
The total compensation for this position ranges based on experience. Our comprehensive benefit plan includes: health, dental and vision insurance, optional 401 (K), paid time off and paid holidays