As an immigration attorney in our dynamic and diverse, 100-person, Chambers-ranked Business Immigration and Global Mobility Practice, you will be responsible for legal oversight of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas for entrepreneurs, investors, academics, emerging growth and Fortune 500 companies, and major academic and medical institutions. We operate in a technologically-advanced and high-volume environment and are always seeking self-motivated, smart and composed attorneys to be part of our team.
Note to Agencies and Applicants: At this time, Seyfarth Shaw LLP will not be accepting applications submitted through search firms for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications to be considered for this position.
The Downtown Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP is seeking a Part-Time Immigration attorney with 5+ years of experience.
Under supervision of an experienced immigration partner, the successful candidate should have the knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- provide concierge-level service to senior executives/managers, professional-services providers, in-house counsel and HR representatives, and high-net-worth individuals
- legally evaluate eligibility of corporate foreign national employees for visa status,
- analyze and develop strategy and supporting evidence for immigration eligibility in complex cases,
- prepare and file employment-based nonimmigrant (primarily E-2, L-1, H-1B & O-1 cases) and immigrant petitions (mostly EB-1 & national-interest waiver cases) with various federal agencies,
- draft, review and/or revise suggested supporting documents permanent resident cases exempt from labor certification, complex DOL audit responses, and complex RFEs for filing with the USCIS,
- assist foreign citizens in submitting DS-160 online visa applications to U.S. embassies and consulates,
- effectively manage client relationships and a team of paralegals,
- explain sophisticated immigration concepts and present strategic solutions for clients,
- supervise case handlers in preparing packages, and
- effectively manage complex projects under tight deadlines.
Those who are successful in our environment are able to:
- communicate effectively and convincingly in writing and verbally, as appropriate for the needs of the audience (clients, governmental agencies, internal and external stakeholders),
- have gained extensive experience exceeding the expectations of "high-touch" clients as well as experience with immigration compliance and defense (I-9, antidiscrimination, FDNS and H-1B DOL investigations,
- multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment) and, EB-5 immigrant visas,
- navigate sophisticated technology platforms efficiently (Immigration Tracker, HotDocs, Excel),
- use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems,
- contribute to a positive work environment, and
- demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills.