The Matian Firm, APC dedicates its resources by helping thousands of clients with their immigration, criminal, personal injury, and employment law cases by providing excellent legal services. With our consistent and outstanding track record in representation and its growth, it is no question why The Matian Firm is a top firm for career opportunities. With collective years of experience, our firm is eager to help the community by finding the brightest minds to help the kindest hearts. Our honors and awards include the Super Lawyers | Rising Stars; The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers; Lawyers of Distinction Award; Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorney Award; 10 Best Law Firms Client Satisfaction; and Avvo’s Client Choice Award, are just a few amongst other accolades.
Our office's in Los Angeles, Ontario, and San Jose are looking for associate attorneys to join our Immigration department. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated Associate to gain valuable experience and further their career with an established firm. As The Associate Attorney, you will report to the Sr. Associate Attorney, you will also manage your own caseload, as well as client interaction, and can collaborate with our wonderful Immigration Team of Attorneys and legal assistants.Responsibilities:
- Explain immigration concepts and present strategic solutions
- Represent non-detained and detained individuals in removal proceedings the Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals
- Manage workload of cases
- Visit and conduct an intake with detained individuals at centers.
- Prepare diverse immigration applications, including removal defense and family-based immigration petitions
- Review immigration applications/packets and make any necessary adjustments
- Present to and work with law enforcement, prosecutorial offices, and community-based organizations on changes in immigration law
- Meet with potential clients for strategic immigration consultations and determine the necessary strategy
- Develop strategy and prepare clients/witnesses for court/USCIS testimony
- Provide legal analysis for clients to determine any possible case benefits
- Prepare and submitting legal briefs for a variety of immigration cases
- Entry-level position. Newly admitted attorneys are encouraged to apply!
- A team player who is open to helping, strategizing, and working with fellow associates
- Preferably bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of moving legal cases forward and an ability to manage a caseload
- Familiar with Family-Based Petitions, Humanitarian, EOIR, Detained, Citizenship, and other USCIS applications
- Experience with Case Management Software is preferred
Here at the Matian Firm, we offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. We have a great compensation package including a 401(k) plan. Some perks include catered lunches, complimentary parking, paid time off, and more! Come be apart of our growing firm and its opportunities for your career development. You will learn and develop alongside a team of professionals who aim to excel in the legal industry. Apply now!
The Matian Firm, APC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.