The Hacking Law Practice LLC in St. Louis, Missouri, is seeking an Immigration Lawyer to become part of our team! Our practice focuses on asylum, removal defense, criminal/immigration issues, waivers, family-based applications, citizenship, employment visas and other matters. Frequent client contact with a wide variety of clients from all over the world is part of the job. Every day is different and challenging.
- Represent clients before the Immigration Courts, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Customs and Border Patrol, the Board of Immigration Appeals, and the federal courts.
- Prepare and draft applications/petitions for immigration benefits.
- Advise and counsel clients on possible avenues of relief.
- Develop factual backgrounds and legal arguments to support claims for asylum in the U.S.
- Research case law, regulations & statutes to help in defending clients and asserting their rights
- Represent clients in family-based applications, consular processing and other cases.
- Work collaboratively with partners and other associate attorneys.
- Legal research and writing in support of both affirmative and defensive applications as well as in support of federal litigation and advocacy before various immigration agencies.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Must be able to deal with responsibility of large caseload.
- Previous experience in immigration law.
- Familiarity with various legal documents and criminal proceedings.
- 1 year of Federal Court Litigation Experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Active bar admission in any state, Missouri Bar preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong legal analysis, as well as written and oral advocacy.
- Responsible, self-initiating with proven ability to work independently.
- A demonstrated interest and passion for immigration law.
- An interest in working in a fast-paced and varied environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical & dental, vision insurances.
- Paid vacation, sick & holidays.
- Travel and parking reimbursement.
- 401k/ match benefits.
- Paid CLE and Bar dues and professional development.
- Hands-on advocacy and case handling.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Meaningful client-centered work.
Required education: Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctorate
Language preference: Ability to speak a foreign language fluently is preferred
Apply: If interested, please send (1) resume, (2) cover letter, (3) contact information for four references and (4) writing sample to address listed on Account.