A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm’s legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You’ll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm’s client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees.
As part of our team, you’ll help with researching background information related to legal issues and prepare legal documents. You’ll focus on drafting contracts or legal agreements, retaining files of prepared legal documents, and coordinating requests between internal and external counsel.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Job Requirements and Preferences:Basic Qualifications:Minimum Degree Required:Minimum Years of Experience:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- The purpose of the role and your contribution is to provide high quality services to the customers of the Global OGC Secretariat Team (Secretariat) and contribute to a high performing, customer-focused team that delivers excellence in corporate governance. Leading governance activities and secretariat duties for certain network entities. Having the presence and ability to work effectively and independently with and assist senior Network leaders and support teams.
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Knowledge/Skills:Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader:
- 5 year(s) 2 years in a governance-related role.
- Leading and overseeing company secretarial and board operations services (including related board-level governance and risk/compliance activities);
- Coordinating attendance and support of corporate board and committee meetings, including documenting minutes, actively managing the progress of matters arising, maintaining governance documents and protocols, providing general corporate governance and secretarial advice and support across the business;
- Displaying a high degree of leadership and autonomy, and governance innovation, preferably with experience with international boards;
- Initiating technology-driven change in terms of company secretarial and governance requirements (for consideration by the Secretariat leader and ultimately the General Counsel and boards of the network-supported entities);
- Ensuring board and committee meetings are run effectively and efficiently with regard to appropriate frequency, detailed forward planning, provision of board papers and recording minutes and action items with little supervision;
- Managing and initiating policies and procedures that are relevant to governance operations;
- Providing support to a Secretariat leader and General Counsel regarding what is required in terms of the sequencing /management of governance and compliance processes among multiple entities;
- Ensuring that all statutory records are maintained in an accurate and efficient manner (including working with outsourced teams to complete such tasks);
- Being a trusted governance adviser to the boards supported and to a General Counsel;
- Establishing collaborative working relationships within a Secretariat team and with directors, executives and business stakeholders to drive best practice governance initiatives and policies;
- Being part of a high performance culture of connectedness, best practice and mentoring to build and sustain a highly effective, collaborative team of company secretariat professionals;
- Advising and effectively communicating any business impacts regarding new legislation/regulation, governance practice, licence requirements and regulatory change;
- Ensuring appropriate information flows within a group of entities and across boards;
- Contributing to the improvement of work systems, processes, planning systems;
- Demonstrating courage and integrity in every exchange with the business and its support functions;
- Managing multiple cases/matters/projects and teams of internal and/or external resources;
- Being proactive and responsive with project management skills – ability to calmly manage multiple and conflicting priorities; high attention to detail;
- Communicating with impact, both orally and in writing;
- Finding resourceful solutions to problems;
- Understanding and applying corporate constitutional documents and policies; and,
- Understanding the legal and regulatory framework applicable to multinational accounting firms.