Provation is looking for a General Counsel (GC) that will need to possess mature business judgment and an ability to meld sound legal counsel with a clear understanding of business imperatives. You must have strong business acumen and a seasoned perspective on risk, fairness and compliance, be a respected business partner for the organization, and have a willingness and the skill to operate and contribute in both the tactical and strategic needs of the organization while being appropriately hands on in contributing to legal priorities.
The GC will be responsible for all legal affairs, including corporate governance, compliance, licensing, commercial contract review, intellectual property, litigation and claims, insurance and real estate leases. The GC will evaluate complex legal and business issues in depth and demonstrate the ability to tackle a variety of projects simultaneously while also meeting demanding deadlines. A trusted and valued member of the management team, the General Counsel will be fully involved in the business, advising the CFO in a way that transcends the role typically played by an attorney.
- Oversee legal matters for the organization, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and legal documents
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all relevant processes, laws and regulations while exercising the highest level of integrity and ethics
- Have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the company's businesses and all legal documents pertaining to the businesses.
- Maintain all corporate records, including, but not limited to organizational documents, minutes of meetings, resolutions, stock ledgers, closing binders and other business records.
- Manage all local, state and federal filings; including licensing forms, required to maintain the legal good standing in the areas in which the company operates.
- Advise and support Human Resources on matters related to labor and employment issues
- Partner with CISO on development & standardization of common contract language relevant to Provation security posture
- -Advise and guide CISO on relevant security incidents that have potential legal or regulatory impact
- Propose effective legal solutions to mitigate risk and further new business interests and objectives; recommend escalation to outside counsel when appropriate
- Develop clear and concise goals, strategies and guidelines that support companywide initiatives
- Analyze market and regulatory developments in areas such as industry, privacy, and information security, and work closely with subject matter experts to help ensure company compliance with regulatory requirements
- Carefully manage confidential information, communications and communication requests/requirements to and from external sources on high-impact issues
- Ensure timely, high-quality analysis and advice on legal and business issues to internal clients
- Participate in merger & acquisition due diligence, deal negotiation, and integration activities
- Manage the intellectual property, including trademark, trade secrets, and copyrights of the organization.
- Juris Doctorate Degree with license to practice law (in any US state) required
- Minimum 8 years of legal experience, a significant portion of which includes in-house counsel experience
- Strong and effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be able to articulate and support the company’s legal position to both internal and external entities
- Possess excellent analytical and issue-spotting skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Experience with drafting and negotiating SaaS Software contracts
- Experienced with data handling for PHI, PCI, and data privacy
- Attention to detail
- Ability to draft complex agreements and contractual provisions
- Experience working in a collaborative, high-performing team environment
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated experience learning organization business
- Ability to take initiative on projects
- Proven abilities as a solution-focused problem solver
- Experience negotiating corporate financing transactions and managing legal compliance with associated debt and equity instruments preferred