We are searching for a junior associate to join our Fund Formation group in our Boston office. The ideal candidate for the fund associate position will have a strong desire to focus their practice on growth equity and venture capital fund formation and will have relevant experience in the corporate group, tax group, or investment management group of a top-tier law firm. Experience representing venture capital, private equity or growth equity funds, as well as ongoing investment firm operations matters and compliance with the Investment Company Act, the Investment Advisers Act, the Securities Act and other regulatory requirements, is strongly preferred.
Our Fund practice focuses on the structuring, formation, organization and operation of venture capital, growth and other private equity funds, as well as their general partner, management company and related entities. This is a unique opportunity to become a key, client-facing member of a team that represents a predominant share of the leading growth equity and venture capital firms, both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Advising funds in all stages of their operations, including preparing offering materials; drafting partnership, limited liability company and other governing agreements
- Negotiating with investors; and counseling fund managers on securities law and other regulatory matters and on general fund operations, including investment
- JD 2016 - 2017
- Previous large law firm experience required
- High level of academic achievement from a nationally recognized law school
- Strong preference for candidates who are already licensed to practice law in the State of New York and in good standing
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.