Immediate opportunity for a full-time, seasoned legal professional with civil litigation experience in California.
A minimum of 5 years California civil litigation experience is required. Applicants must be detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and with minimal direction from attorneys. Must take personal ownership of the quality of their work product and demonstrate a desire and a strong aptitude to advance their skill set. Preferential consideration given to individuals who have completed a law degree.
The successful candidate will possess a positive, collaborative attitude, and demonstrate advanced skills in switching between tasks easily with precision and attention to detail. Candidates must also demonstrate oral and written communication skills that are timely, relevant, concise, and outcome-oriented. This position requires someone who possesses a high degree of self-motivation, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and exceptional skills in time management.
To be successful in this position, candidates must demonstrate a high degree of accuracy in the following areas:
- Knowledge of legal concepts, principles, terminology and procedures and the extensive use of legal reference material
- Principles of legal writing and legal terminology
- Draft, proofread and review case documents and correspondence, demonstrating well-developed skills in editing, proofreading, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and composition
- Prepare discovery and trial exhibits
- Calendar management -- ability to calculate deadlines and docket them using electronic calendaring systems
- Document organization (multiple formats)
- E-Filing documents with courts
- Time and expense management
- Clear, timely and professional communication with clients, referral sources, and other parties related to the case.
- Strong technology aptitude with ability to quickly learn software applications used by the law firm
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on managing time, documents, projects, and relationships
- Adaptability to react and respond to changes, intellectual maturity, business acumen and proactivity in solving complex issues
- Effectively manage multiple projects to ensure timely and accurate completion of deadline-driven tasks in high stress, time-sensitive environments
- Respond to legal inquires as applicable, while raising and escalating legal issues as necessary
- Participate in designing, planning, and implementing various internal procedures as necessary
May be assigned other office duties as needed.
Full time position (M-F) onsite at office. No remote work.
Salary is commensurate with experience.