We are seeking Experienced Family Law Attorney with divorce and family law litigation experience who will fight for Clients!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please read the instructions at the end of this posting and follow all instructions explicitly. We are looking for an experienced family law and divorce attorney who has a passion for helping people who are going through divorce and custody battles. The ideal candidate will possess experience litigating contested divorce and custody matters and will be committed to protecting the things most important to clients: their minor children and their assets. We’re looking for an attorney who can come into our practice, hit the ground running, and give clients outstanding representation. The ideal candidate needs compassion and the ability to build and foster relationships with your clients and should know their way around the courtroom. Mississippi law license is a plus but is not required.
This position is not an entry-level position and candidates must have experience handling family law cases. Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable. The compensation package includes a base salary, plus bonus compensation for production and performance. Our firm offers benefits including health insurance and paid time off. We pay for continuing legal education, bar, and licensing dues, and some approved voluntary bar memberships.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, we look forward to reviewing your resume and cover letter in accordance with the instructions listed below. Please follow these instructions. Applications That Do Not Follow Instructions Will Not Be Considered. Prepare a cover letter that explains what you believe are the 3 most important qualities or values for an attorney working with parents going through a divorce. Please include your desired compensation range. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
You will be prompted to upload your cover letter.Responsibilities:
- We need an experienced family law attorney who can contribute to developing the strategy of a case and who knows where to find the rules of procedure to back up that case strategy
- Experience and skills are required, important, and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are also extremely important considerations
- You need to be able to help a client understand whether they really want to spend money in attorney's fees to fight with their ex over a sofa and loveseat worth three hundred dollars
- Our ideal attorney knows how to read financial statements, understands equitable distribution, can help put together a parenting plan and visitation schedule on contested divorce matters.
- If we can't count on you to show up in court on time, then please do not bother applying for this position
- High-maintenance, entitled, or self-important individuals will not succeed in our Firm and should not apply
- If you see a case file as an opportunity to help someone build a new life and start new beginnings, you’ll like the way we think
- We are a growing firm, and you will be called upon to wear many hats. We need someone who does not think that handling child support or custody matters in Juvenile Court is “beneath you."
- We need an attorney who knows how to find your way around the courtroom and how to project confidence and competence on highly contested family law cases when dealing with people on behalf of clients
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in taking ownership of a client's contested family law case – drafting pleadings and motions; arguing motions; collaboration and mediation; pretrial hearings, conducting hearings, and trials
- Conduct client meetings and recommend strategies
- Delegate work to paralegals and legal assistants and monitor their work
- Demonstrate the ability to inspire confidence in the ability to zealously represent clients