Global statement on diversity and inclusion:
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to the success and strength of our Firm and the quality of our advice to, and representation of, our clients. We are committed to providing a flexible environment where everyone respects, supports and learns from our collective skills, talents and differences. By attracting, supporting, promoting and retaining individuals from all backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, faith, religion or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, abilities, social perspective and other characteristics, we create a dynamic and inclusive work environment that is critical to our success.
Responsibilities and practice:
The Lexington, Kentucky office of Dentons Bingham Greenebaum LLP is seeking an associate with excellent academic credentials and an interest in practicing environmental law to join our growing Environmental practice. The person hired for this position will be a key member of an established team, working collaboratively with partners and associates in Lexington and across other offices and practices, and can expect such responsibilities as:
- Working collaboratively on environmental regulatory matters, environmental aspects of corporate and real estate transactions, and environmental litigation
- Performing environmental due diligence
- Providing general environmental compliance counseling
- Assisting in drafting of pleadings and motions for environmental litigation
- Supporting the practice group by performing general research and writing
This is a great opportunity to work alongside experienced partners in a dynamic and team-oriented environment while enjoying the benefits and resources of an international law firm.
The successful candidate will be committed to practicing exclusively within the environmental practice group. Prior experience in environmental law is preferred, however candidates interested in making a practice area change to environmental will also be considered. Experience in regulatory or administrative law may substitute for direct environmental experience. Dentons will strongly consider candidates with state or federal environmental agency experience. Candidates in the top third of their law school class are preferred.
- Can effectively communicate research into meaningful written work product. Strong written communication skills are crucial, as is precision.
- Possess strong writing and analytical skills
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Embraces teamwork and values collaboration
- Can manage competing workloads and prioritize work appropriately
Candidates with 4 – 6 years of experience are preferred. Dentons will consider candidates from a range of recent completion of a judicial clerkship to a 7 – 8 year associate
Should be licensed or eligible to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and be in good standing.
Dentons Bingham Greenebaum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans. Dentons Bingham Greenebaum LLP is an Affirmative Action Employer. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.