Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP, a rapidly expanding national law firm of 190+ attorneys across 14 offices, is seeking an Employment Litigation Associate with a minimum of 5 years of experience on the defense side for its Hackensack, New Jersey office.
KDV’s employment law attorneys defend employers of all sizes in a wide variety of employment practices defense litigation, including claims involving employment discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge and related workplace matters.
KDV provides a friendly, respectful and intellectual work environment. Our attorneys consistently earn accolades for excellent lawyering and client service. We are a diverse and progressive law firm, offering growth, leadership and educational opportunities to all of our team members.Qualifications:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Member of the NJ Bar (required) and NY Bar (preferred)
- Must possess strong academic credentials and have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with federal and state employment statutes
- Experience developing strategy, drafting pleadings, taking/defending depositions, arguing motions and the capability of working independently
- Experience providing advice and counsel on workplace law issues, including employee relations, mitigation of risk, ADA and other workplace accommodations, employment agreements, reductions-in-force, and employment-related policies is also beneficial
As part of its continued efforts to actively recruit and advance the recruitment, development and promotion of diverse lawyers, Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck is participating in Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 2021 initiative. The Mansfield Rule is named for Arabella Mansfield, the first woman admitted to practice law in the United States. It measures whether law firms affirmatively consider diverse lawyers for promotions, senior-level hiring and significant leadership roles. Under this initiative, KDV strives for a candidate pool consisting of at least 30% women, attorneys of color, and/or LGBTQ+ attorneys for all lateral partner and mid-to-senior-level associate hires.
Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.