A Property and Casualty Insurance Company is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, A Property and Casualty Insurance Company provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.Scope:
As a member of Pennsylvania House Counsel, this attorney will be responsible for defending employment litigation and charges of discrimination in state and federal courts and agencies filed against A Property and Casualty Insurance Company’s insureds. Specific duties will include trial work; conducting and defending depositions and engaging in other pre-trial discovery; drafting pleadings; engaging in motion practice; researching, briefing, and arguing appellate matters; appearing in administrative agency matters; negotiating settlements; generating reports and evaluations on assigned cases.Qualifications:Qualifications:
- Admission to Pennsylvania State bar and U.S. Eastern and Middle District Courts
- At least 3 years of employment litigation experience with the EEOC and PHRC is preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of current procedural and substantive law, as well as federal, state, and administrative agency rules
- Must be able to demonstrate effective oral and written advocacy skills and negotiation tactics
- Must have an ability to apply analytical skills in addressing complex legal issues
- Must be able and willing to proactively communicate with clients, claims staff, and other members of House Counsel.
*Writing Sample Required**
A Property and Casualty Insurance Company offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At A Property and Casualty Insurance Company, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.