Lane Powell has 140 years of experience serving as a strategic business advisor and legal counsel to premier public and private companies. A preeminent litigation and corporate firm, Lane Powell represents clients in the Northwest and nationally in dispute resolution ranging from arbitration to complex litigation and class actions. Synonymous with excellence and innovation, Lane Powell’s attorneys bring an entrepreneurial spirit to their work that is reflected in a client roster that includes some of the most venerable – and dynamic – companies and individuals in business today.
Lane Powell’s Portland office seeks an employment attorney with experience defending employers in employment disputes, advising employers on compliance and risk avoidance, and drafting employment contracts and policies.
Relying on our broad and diverse experience, our attorneys tailor advice and representation to our clients in multiple industries, including technology, retail, manufacturing, education, financial services, hospitality, environmental, transportation, and professional and engineering services. Our attorneys keep current on developing state and local laws and regulations. We seek candidates who have a willingness to take ownership for projects and cases, who are team oriented, collaborative, and enjoy public speaking.Job Responsibilities:
Successful candidates will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of litigation and administrative charge work, including preparing position statements, evaluating claims, handling mediation, taking depositions, engaging in motion practice, and preparing for and taking cases to arbitration and trial. The position will be responsible for counseling HR professionals and business executives on compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and providing strategic thinking in avoiding and resolving employment disputes. The title of the position will depend on experience, qualifications, and book of business.Qualifications
- Active Oregon State Bar membership
- Four or more years of experience handling employment litigation, including discrimination, retaliation, leave interference, and wage and hour claims
- Management-side labor and employment counseling experience
- Experience handling charges before the EEOC and state or local agencies
- Experience drafting employment policies
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Ability to handle a variety of matters simultaneously to meet client demands
- Excellent research, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills, including public speaking
Any job offer will be conditioned upon successfully completing a pre-employment background and reference check