At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you’ll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.The Opportunity:
We have an incredible opportunity for an Employee Benefits Associate with 2-5 years of experience in employee benefits and executive compensation.
Our Employee Benefits Department is one of the largest and most comprehensive in the United States, allowing us access to cutting-edge products and name-brand clients. Our attorneys represent some of the largest and most well-known businesses in key industries such as manufacturing, retail, healthcare, insurance and financial services. We have consistently earned top rankings by U.S. News - Best Lawyers, The Legal 500, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Human Resources Executive, Lawdragon, and BTI Consulting Group. Our department continuously seeks out better ways to work with our clients and each other. We have been first-to-market on many legal service delivery innovations and we continue to break new ground with our clients every day. This long history of collaboration and innovation has created a dynamic, diverse office culture equally dedicated to the growth of our clients and the development and resilience of our people.The Day-To-Day:
As an Associate in the Employee Benefits Department, you’ll have the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and groundbreaking legal projects in a team-based environment. Common examples include:
- Advising on compliance with Internal Revenue Code and ERISA requirements for qualified retirement plans, health and welfare plans, and nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Managing RFPs for benefit plan vendors and negotiating contract terms
- Reviewing and drafting agreements for benefit plan investments
- Advising clients regarding pension de-risking initiatives and drafting the related plan amendments and participant communications
- Preparing benefit plan governance documents and training plan fiduciaries on their duties under ERISA
- 2-5 years of broad-based employee benefits experience in retirement plans, health and welfare plans, executive compensation, pension investments, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Top law firm experience, or a combination of law firm and in-house experience
- Excellent academic credentials
- Analytical skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Admission to the New York Bar (or the ability to waive into the New York Bar)