Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
The Director and Senior Corporate Counsel is a senior lawyer contributing as a subject matter expert in the area of privacy laws and regulations reporting to a Vice President in the Law Department. This role is a high level legal privacy specialist and regularly provides legal guidance, in consultation and coordination with other members of the Law Department, to the senior managers in the Company.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of data use, data protection and data privacy laws (including state, federal and global privacy laws).
- Demonstrated expertise in developing end-to-end data governance and privacy programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical legal advice and support on data protection and privacy law compliance to various cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal issues and provide “privacy by design” advice in connection with the development of new products and services, particularly in the technology/cloud computing spaces.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and in keeping senior members of the Law Department apprised of developments and matters in the area of data privacy.
- J.D. or Equivalent Degree from Accredited Law School
- At least 12 years of experience in a corporate law department and/or law firm
- At least 6 years of experience in areas of data use and data protection laws (including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, GDPR and other global privacy laws)
- Preferred: CIPP-certification a plus (CIPP/A, CIPP/E or CIPP/US)
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.