Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting-edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.Work you'll do:
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
- Review products, features, and platforms to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies focused on business goals
- Review commercial agreements with vendors for issues affecting Deloitte and services
- Track business and product strategies in order to keep commercial goals in sync with legal developments
- Assist in the development and maintenance of legal resources, policies and processes to help the legal team and our clients be more efficient and scale.
- Engage with outside counsel as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to technology teams and business leaders on the privacy, confidentiality, IP, and other legal risks associated with development, operation, and implementation of technology products, systems and innovations.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from engineering and product development teams, at all levels of management
- Remain up to date on relevant industry, IP, data protection, and advertising laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide thoughtful, sound, and relevant advice
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?Who you'll work with:
Global General Counsel provides legal guidance and expertise to Deloitte Global, the broader Deloitte organization, and our business leaders. We advise on regulatory, claims, and corporate legal matters, as well as additional issues that may pose novel or unique situations.How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte’s Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that’s why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.Corporate Citizenship:
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Qualifications:Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and a J.D.; active membership in at least one state bar
- 7+ years of legal experience
- Proven track record advising and supporting the development and launch of technology products
- Proven track record of successfully advising product development teams and/or advising teams working on complex technology deployments in how to address the legal and regulatory requirements
- Experience negotiating and drafting technology services agreements
- Experience drafting privacy notices, terms of service, licensing agreements, information security policies and other data protection policies
- Experience working in an in-house environment, preferably with a technology or professional services provider or supporting technology teams at a large multi-national institution
- Expertise in and ability to advise on privacy, cyber security, and confidentiality matters
- Experience working in a global or cross-border environment with individuals from different geographies and cultures
- Experience translating legal concepts and requirements into actionable, practical guidance for IT and business teams
- LLM or equivalent degree from a US law school
- Privacy certification