At TrueMotion, we’re making driving safer and insurance smarter. We offer auto insurers a mobile telematics platform that enables next-generation digital programs. Powered by machine learning, our platform can tell when a person is driving, reveals their behaviors behind the wheel, and detects crashes. We’re a team of engineers, entrepreneurs, sales and customer success leaders, data scientists, and more. We take on complex problems, build innovative solutions and have fun while doing it!
TrueMotion is looking for an experienced, data-driven, and humble teammate who wants to make an impact at a growing startup, and help save lives on the road. As we rapidly scale, we are looking to hire a Director of Legal to advise and oversee all legal matters at TrueMotion. Reporting to our VP of Finance with a dotted line to our CEO, your primary area of focus will be owning our commercial contracts and technology licensing. As our first internal legal hire, you will become a true business partner by standardizing all of the work we’ve done with several external law firms.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and other agreements, including all of our commercial contracts, technology licences and vendor agreements.
- Streamline our current customer contract review process so that are sales cycles are shortened
- Provide legal advice and direction on all matters pertaining to compliance, human resources, data privacy and cybersecurity.
- Develop a deep understanding of the complexity of our business and handle deep negotiation of contracts across multiple business units.
- Build out and maintain internal legal documentation and ensure we have the proper policies and procedures in place.
- Manage relationships with outside counsels across a wide variety of practice areas and identify and procure specialized law firms when necessary.
- J.D. degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- 5-10 years of legal experience, with a minimum of 5 years of experience at a major law firm or in industry. A combination of law firm and in-house experience is a plus.
- Technology licensing expert with a solid generalist background
- Ability to work in a scaling startup environment - this means you will be hands-on and have a huge opportunity to make an impact on building out the legal infrastructure
- Fair & competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, matching 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Relax, dine out, or take a class with a variety of unique anniversary gifts
- Burn some calories during our optional bi-weekly virtual workouts
- Get to know your coworkers over virtual drinks & snacks every Thursday
- Have fun at our frequent virtual team outings & volunteer at local organizations