UPDATE: For several years Attorney Jobs in USA has worked hard to serve you attorney jobs without any cost. We can no more avoid the growing expenses that go into the gathering attorney jobs. We have made every attempt to avoid the price, but we refuse to compromise on quality. We think you will agree that the quality of Attorney Jobs in USA should not be sacrificed. Also we are taking this step to invest in technology to bring near real-time job fee updates, on-board more employers, and offer each jobseeker a personalized and targeted job feed. We strongly believe that this will make our services better and targeted, and will provide more value to our jobseekers. We are looking forward for your positive response in the time of crisis. Our pricing will apply at the next week ($9.99/Monthly). Please let me know your suggestions and ideas about the price so we can better understand your need and better serve you! Please write back to us at email@example.com.
Roku, Inc. is seeking an experienced Director, Business and Legal Affairs (Employment Counsel) based in its new San Jose office. The ideal candidate will work closely with Roku’s Legal and cross-functional teams advising on employment legal matters on a global basis. The position will report to the VP, Business and Legal Affairs (Corporate).
- Provide advice and counsel to HR team on a broad range of employment issues including: hiring; performance management; discipline and separations; reorganizations; wage and hour compliance; contingent worker/contractor issues; medical accommodations; leaves of absence; and other employment-related matters.
- Draft and negotiate employment, settlement and separation agreements.
- Review and provide guidance on the development of HR policies and procedures globally.
- Provide guidance to our Employee Relations function on internal HR/compliance investigations.
- Advise on complex/sensitive employment matters and help resolve matters through pre-dispute resolution and/or positioning the company for potential employment litigation.
- Manage employment-related claims and litigation, including managing outside counsel and responding to administrative charges, complaints, attorney’s letters, settlement demands and claims globally. Negotiate appropriate resolutions to claims and other pending matters.
- Monitor employment-related legal developments and engage proactively to drive compliance and implement risk-mitigating strategies.
- Assist with preparing, reviewing and implementing training programs.
- Provide advice and counsel on international labor and employment framework and practices in connection with our expanding international business and operations.
- Support M&A activities involving employment matters, including overseeing employment related due diligence, assisting with employment, consulting and/or severance arrangements, and assisting with on-boarding of new employees.
- Provide advice and counsel in the area of global mobility and immigration matters.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
- JD with at least 5-7 years of experience handling employment issues in a demanding and innovative business and legal environment
- Expertise in employment counseling with a strong understanding of California and federal employment law; prior in-house experience strongly preferred; international experience preferred but not required
- Admission to California Bar preferred; in-house registration in California required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, utilizing effective organizational skills to prioritize and manage deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects for multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-department, cross-functional role, exercising leadership as needed to create legal structures for new service and product initiatives
- Willingness to actively suggest process improvements in the course of completing assignments
- Strong written and oral communication skills