This position will serve as a Supervisory Attorney-Advisor (Deputy General Counsel) and is located in the Department of the Chief Executive Officer, Office of General Counsel in Washington, DC.Responsibilities:Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Deputy General Counsel serves as the acting General Counsel in the General Counsel's absence. Keeps the General Counsel informed of the work being done by the Associate General Counsels; in particular of work that may have cross-agency implications, relates directly to the strategic goals of the agency, involves other federal agencies, supports proposed policy changes or developments, or relates directly to the immediate office of the CEO.
- Actively maintains an awareness of agency initiatives and priorities.Supports the General Counsel in providing strategic, risk management and resource management filters to the work of the Associate General Counsels.
- Assists the General Counsel in the management of the Associate General Counsels by providing input on prioritization of projects, attorney assignments, and identifying training and other support needs.
- Provides guidance to the Associate General Counsels on legal strategy.
- Works with the General Counsel to ensure that OGC and AmeriCorps mission objectives are met in a manner that is consistent with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other applicable guidance.In consultation with the General Counsel, manages the OGC budget.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in specific legal areas, such as federal procurement law and/or employment law.Performs other duties, including those of an Associate General Counsel, as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status:
1Requirements:Conditions of Employment:
You must be a United States Citizen A 2-year probationary period is required for new Federal employees Merit Promotion applicants must submit a SF-50 to verify Status and grade Must be telework ready Satisfactory completion of a background investigationQualifications:
Applicants must have seven years of specialized experience, of which one year must include supervising a team of legal professionals, comparable in scope and responsibility to at least the lower range of the NY-04 pay band, which would be at or equivalent to, the GS-14 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Specialized experience includes serving as the principal attorney for major programmatic or functional segments of an agency or corporation, providing legal counsel and advice to senior officials; reviewing policies concerning program activities, decisions and/or actions to ensure that they are legally sufficient; providing legal support and advice to others on a broad range of legal matters regarding functions and operational activities of an organization; and serving as a subject matter expert in specific legal areas, such as federal procurement law and/or employment law.
Must be currently licensed to practice law, in good standing and have been so licensed for at least one year prior to the date of this application, under the laws of a State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territorial court established under the United States Constitution. Must possess a J.D., LL.B or equivalent degree from an accredited American Bar Association law school. Proof of these credentials must be submitted with your application package or you will not be considered for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Such experience must be clearly documented in the applicant's resume.Education:
There is no substitution of education for the experience required for this position.
Kindly refer to the below link for a detailed description of the job - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593058100