A Better opportunity:
Better.com is growing and we’re looking for a Deputy General Counsel, Corporate Transactions to join our Legal team! If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Deputy General Counsel, Corporate Transactions will be joining the company as we continue building our capacity to manage various transactions internally. The successful candidate will work and advise on domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, investments and similar transactions, as well as handling other general corporate and departmental matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide legal and non-legal advice to the Chief Compliance Officer/General Counsel and other key individuals in the company, including policy recommendations with respect to general corporate, real estate, or regulatory matters involving the activities of the Company;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents, such as stock and asset purchase/sale agreements, merger or de-merger agreements, joint venture agreements, partnership/LLC/shareholder agreements, investment agreements, framework agreements, inter-company agreements, confidentiality agreements, transition services agreements, side letters, engagement letters, letters of intent, bid letters and term sheets;
- Working closely and coordinating with Better’s legal, finance, tax and accounting teams, divisional business teams and specialist lawyers in connection with the review, analysis, implementation and execution of potential transactions;
- Managing and coordinating due diligence reviews and preparation of related memoranda;
- Managing outside legal advisors on transactional and related regulatory matters;
- Advising on a broad range of business and legal affairs matters;
- Contributing to the various internal knowledge management initiatives, including a precedent document database, template agreements, presentations and training initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, outgoing communicator capable of delivering best- in-class service, while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
- 8-10 years of experience working in a legal, corporate or governmental environment interfacing with senior leaders
- Strong academic credentials including a JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (NY or CA bar a plus)
- Strong leadership capabilities; we want to hear about things that would have never happened if you weren’t there to motivate a group of people to do them
- Consistent track record to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent project management and task tracking skills
- Possess integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to think outside of the box in difficult situations
Bonus points for:
Experience advising mortgage lenders or other highly regulated entities
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.