Attention Evening Law Students!
Are you a 1st-year or 2nd-year evening law school student eager to jump start your legal career? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role in a fast-paced and collaborative legal work environment? Apply today to join The Employment Law Group!
New hires will initially telework full-time due to COVID-19 with IT equipment and remote login software provided.
Litigation Law Clerk Job Description
The Employment Law Group (TELG) represents employees who stand up to wrongdoing in the workplace with practice areas including whistleblower, qui tam, and discrimination law. TELG is looking for 1st-year (Class of 2024), 2nd-year (Class of 2023) or 3rd-year (Class 2022) evening law students at D.C. area law schools (i.e., American, Catholic, Georgetown, George Mason, George Washington, UDC, University of Maryland, or University of Baltimore) to join our team as full-time Litigation Law Clerks.
Throughout their tenure at TELG, Law Clerks gain substantive hands-on legal experience that develops their lawyering skills daily as they learn legal procedure, litigation strategy, and client advocacy through their work. This is an excellent opportunity for evening students to put their law school education to practical use, to gain a better understanding of the practice of law, and to see first-hand how strong work product can have a great impact on our clients, our practice, and case precedent.
Law Clerks work directly with Principals and Litigation Associates on cases to provide high-level assistance throughout all phases of litigation and trial work. Duties include:
- Case management of a diverse portfolio of legal matters
- Writing comprehensive drafts of legal documents, including but not limited to: complaints, substantive preliminary and trial motions and oppositions, discovery requests and responses, deposition notes, and appeal motions
- Extensive client contact and communication with opposing counsel, co-counsel, and experts
- Performing substantive and procedural legal research
- Trial preparation and on-site trial support, as needed
- Calendaring meetings, depositions, hearings, trial dates, and other events as necessary for attorneys and other attendees
- Client billing, including posting daily time entries
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate is a proactive and highly motivated professional with strong organizational, legal writing, time management, and communication skills.
TELG offers a competitive salary and benefits package and paid educational leave days in addition to PTO. Law clerks are provided with training, support, and flexibility to balance busy caseloads with their evening school schedule.