We are searching for a junior or mid-level associate to join our data privacy practice group in our Northern California, Los Angeles or San Diego offices. This is a relatively new and dynamic practice area, and we welcome applications from attorneys from different disciplines wishing to transition to a privacy practice. We work closely with leading venture-backed startup and emerging growth companies in a variety of fields, including technology, software, life sciences, media and consumer products, and the data privacy team counsels on data privacy and security matters in all aspects of their business.
Candidates will focus on data privacy and security issues, collaborate with their colleagues across offices, and have direct client contact to advise on these matters. Candidates will be expected to become and stay current on developments in privacy law on the state and federal level.Responsibilities:
- Counsel clients on a broad range of data privacy issues, including CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA and COPPA.
- Provide data privacy/security deal support (including diligence and negotiation of privacy deal terms) in clients’ financings, mergers and acquisitions and IPOs.
- Draft website privacy policies and internal and external data privacy/security compliance policies and procedures.
- Draft and negotiate GDPR and CCPA data processing agreements and data privacy terms in commercial agreements.
- Advise on and manage data breach incident response efforts.
- Stay up to date on developments in state and federal data privacy laws and create and maintain firm materials/forms and client alerts on the same.
- JD 2016 – 2019
- Class year flexible for candidates with 2+ years of experience in litigation, corporate, IP or tech transactions looking to transition to data privacy
- Prior data privacy experience and/or CIPP certification is preferred
- Previous large law firm experience preferred