Effectively manage all assigned First Party Cyber claims of moderate severity or complexity. Fulfill Bond & Specialty Insurance (“Bond”) Claim’s mission by conducting thorough investigation, analysis, evaluation and disposition of claims to achieve superior customer service and claim results at the most reasonable cost. Interact and collaborate with underwriting colleagues as well as with external business associates.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Within authority limit, thoroughly analyze, investigate, negotiate and resolve moderate severity First Party Cyber claims with moderate supervision by claims management.
- Make appropriate decisions within own claim authority and make appropriate recommendations to management when necessary.
- Comply with all policies and procedures, including compliance, regulatory and Bond performance and customer service standards.
- Be accountable for accurate documentation/information in claim file and Bond Claim Management System (BCMS) and adhere to Claim documentation standards (i.e. coverage analysis, reserve and settlement rationale, current diary).
- Prepare reports (i.e., Large Loss Memos, quarterly claim, EC, trial, class action) to management which accurately reflect loss development, potential/actual financial exposure, coverage issues, claim and recovery strategies.
- Proactively optimize pre-loss recovery opportunities through identification of potential sources of recovery, to include potential responsible party, co-conspirators, beneficiaries and any third parties.
- Identify all recovery opportunities and coordinate recovery efforts with the Recovery Management Unit and claims management.
- Within authority limit, retain, monitor, manage and approve payments to outside counsel on routine litigation matters, actively utilizing litigation management plans and budgets. Guidance is needed for non-routine litigation.
- Within authority limit, make quick, sound decisions and negotiate terms and conditions consistent with Bond standards.
- Solicit input and guidance from management when resolving claims which are beyond authority level. Communicate reserve adjustments to underwriting.
- Assist/mentor less experienced colleagues in claim resolutions.
- Maintain knowledge of coverage, legislative and industry-related initiatives and judicial trends.
- Recognize issues with broader implications to Bond and Travelers.
- Represent Management Liability Claim in claim strategic initiatives.
- Share newsletters, webinar information, case analyses, results of counsel’s legal research and/or litigation strategies with underwriting, Claim and Claim management.
- Legal Support:
- Maintain an active license in the state of your principal office location and remain current with all CLE credits.
- Provide legal support to business partners, including participate in drafting internal topic documents (e.g., white papers, 50 state surveys).
- Review and analyze policy forms to provide input on legal advice and risk analysis to underwriting.
- Provide legal advice on litigation strategies to claim team members.
- Revise pleadings, motions, briefs, legal documents, correspondence and memoranda to identify and protect the legal interests of Travelers.
- Research legal issues for business partners and claim team.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legal issues and trends in the management liability market place through review of legal publications.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree required.
- Juris doctorate degree required.
- Properly licensed, registered or authorized, and in good standing, to practice law in the jurisdiction in which you will be working.
Licensing or Certificates
- 3-5 years of general legal or claim handling work experience preferred.
- Maintain license to practice law iand remain current with all CLE credits.
- Exposure to cyber and data privacy issues.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Maintain all necessary active adjusters licenses and remain current with all CE credit requirements.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), influencing, negotiating, listening and interpersonal skills to effectively develop productive internal and external relationships.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with Bond colleagues.
- Ability to communicate decisions. Assistance is required to deliver more difficult messages.
- Presents a positive, professional image of the company through demonstrated expertise and knowledge of the company, its products and services. Influences others through sound judgment and decision making.
- Strong legal research skills. Effectively articulates legal issues to claim team, business partners and customers.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with peers and managers within and across organizational lines.
- Can effectively work through conflict and resolve issues with a professional demeanor.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.