$45,000 State of Florida Benefits
Open Attorney Position For The Office Of Criminal Conflict And Civil Regional Counsel In Polk (County) Florida.
This Applicant Must Have Current Admission To The Florida Bar.
The primary responsibility of assistant regional counsel is to provide highly efficient and professional representation to our clients.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accepting, researching, and preparing each case efficiently and expeditiously;
- Advising and counseling each client regarding plea offers, client’s rights and options, strategies, sentencing, appellate rights, etc.;
- Establishing and maintaining a professional relationship with each client, family, witness, and court personnel;
- Maintaining open lines of communications with clients and their families, witnesses, and court personnel;
- Involving investigators, interns and other support staff appropriately;
- Seeking assistance from experts appropriate to the case;
- Demonstrating maturity and a professional demeanor at all times;
- Exercising sound judgment to achieve desired results;
- Handling emergency assignments when needed;
- Attending and participating in training seminars, division meetings, and staffing sessions;
- Abide by all Regional Counsel policies and procedures outlined in manual including but not limited to attendance, punctuality and professional dress code.
- Performing other related work as required.
Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM Monday through Friday.
There are some supervisory responsibilities when a managing attorney or circuit chief.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be member in Good Standing of the Florida Bar and able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients and staff Use correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Follow written and oral instructions and procedures Exhibit sound judgment and good listening skills Handle matters with integrity and confidentiality
- Plan and prepare reports, correspondence, and charts in a variety of formats
- Use personal computer and general office equipment
- Be extremely organized, establish priorities, and meet deadlines Maintain an effective filing system
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously including long- and short-range projects Be flexible in work assignments and processes based upon need
- Travel to various locations throughout the circuit for assignments and training
- Effectively utilize Microsoft Word and Outlook
Education and/or Experience