McGlinchey Stafford is a premier midsized business law firm offering services in more than 40 practice areas through a highly integrated national platform. The firm is seeking an experienced Creditors Rights and Bankruptcy Partner Level Attorney to join any of our 15 offices. The work could span a broad range of topics, issues, and proceedings, including out-of-court workout negotiation and documentation for banks and commercial lenders, state and federal court litigation, and bankruptcy. Candidates must have a substantial and self-sufficient book of portable business (ideally $600,000+) as well as a demonstrated drive and the potential for additional business generation. Candidates will have the opportunity to take advantage of a well-developed national platform in order to expand his/her existing client base. Our firm offers flexibility with rates and client service arrangements, with outstanding cross-selling opportunities and autonomy.Ideal Candidates Will:
- Aggressively represent clients across our platform and geographic reach in a wide variety of industries while finding practical and creative solutions in distressed financial situations. We're looking to expand our depth of experience even further by adding a partner-level attorney to our firm with significant experience in representing financial institutions both in commercial bankruptcy and commercial loan workouts and restructurings and in complex consumer bankruptcy litigation matters.
- Assist clients from financial institutions to multi-million dollar corporations with the myriad of concerns that their business and legal teams face.
- Manage and advise on any manner of issues ranging from contractual disputes to lender liability issues, dealer floorplan financing matters, non-compete litigation, construction contracts, estate and trust disputes, real estate contracts and leases, and other contractual and unfair trade practices claims.
- Help clients navigate mergers and acquisitions issues concerning shareholder's rights and disputes, claims against officers and directors, and derivative actions.
- Assist with enforcement of loan and lease obligations and foreclosures associated with a broad cross-section of commercial properties (including multifamily developments, malls, hotels, office buildings, and industrial properties), UCC collateral (including accounts, equipment, inventory, general intangibles, and others), royalty agreements, oil and gas rights, vessels, and even seafood.
- Understand and navigate laws and procedures related to creditors' rights, mortgages, and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) security interests as well as assisting clients in prioritizing legal issues.
All submissions will be held in strict confidence.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience; full benefits included.
Flexible schedules available. While we encourage our attorneys to have a regular presence in the office to promote collegiality and our firm culture, our remote work policy provides for remote work options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.