Sony Pictures Entertainment is seeking a full time attorney with 3-5 years experience for its Worldwide Theatrical Marketing & Distribution division. The attorney will provide legal advice to the theatrical marketing team in the areas of intellectual property, privacy, social media, social events, motion picture production, marketing and advertising, as well as draft and negotiate licenses, promotion agreements, vendor agreements and other agreements as needed.
- Relevant experience of at least 3-5 years at a respected law firm or an in-house environment advising and counseling companies in the below listed areas of law and providing practical legal risk assessment;
- Experienced in advertising and marketing law, including FTC guidelines and regulations;
- Experienced negotiating and drafting complex transactions, including vendor agreements;
- Skilled in sweepstakes/contests and other promotional activities;
- Knowledgeable in film production and related entertainment matters;
- Experienced in handling global Internet /Social Media advertising, legal regulatory and policy matters, including experience with the relevant governmental agencies and trade associations;
- Knowledgeable in privacy and privacy related issues
- Knowledgeable in COPPA and CARU;
- Familiar with FCC and mobile marketing issues;
- Working knowledge of the Internet, telecommunications, mobile, and emerging technologies;
- Skilled in complex negotiations and handling conflict resolution;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make sound business and legal decisions under tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects or project components with minimal supervision;
- Sound business insight, excellent analytical problem-resolution skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, exceptional judgment;
- Current active member of a state bar, preferably California;
- International legal experience preferred;
- Ability and desire to think strategically and outside the box.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.