Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have more than 17,000 of the country’s top real estate agents that work with their clients to help them buy, sell, and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds with more than 2,500 employees.
As a Counsel at Compass, you work on exciting matters that require proactive legal guidance. You're part of a group of talented in-house lawyers and the projects you work on challenge you to think creatively and constructively. You are energetic and collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of Compass’s business and work with employees across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value driven and you will play an instrumental role on the Compass Legal Team.At Compass You Will:
What We're Looking For:
- Provide legal support for commercial and general litigation and other legal disputes
- Serve as a lead attorney overseeing a range of litigation matters from inception to completion
- Work in close partnership with business teams to achieve outcomes that appropriately balance business opportunities with risk mitigation
- Supervise outside counsel to achieve desired results
- Manage litigation budgets and associated forecasting and reporting requirements
- Manage and improve legal processes of increasing complexity
- Analyze judicial and legislative developments and structure and implement strategies and policies/procedures to mitigate legal risk
- Strong academic credentials including a JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (NY bar a plus)
- 4+ years combined years of experience, primarily in commercial litigation and arbitration, with a top-tier law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Proven ability to independently manage large caseload and other projects, including electronic discovery
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to distill complex legal issues and provide sound, clear legal advice to business partners
- Experience with litigation in both state and federal courts, experience with mediation and arbitration a plus
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced, solutions-driven environment
- A team player with low ego who can effectively work with and manage other legal professionals
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.