Visa is seeking a seasoned business and commercial lawyer to join its growing legal team that supports Visa’s Global Product organization and the company’s operational functions. The position will report to a Vice-President within the Global Legal Product & Operations team and will provide legal support to the global Visa Business Solutions team.
The role includes responsibility for supporting a variety of global business-to-business products, services, and operational functions, either as the lead attorney or as part of a small team of experienced counsel. The attorney will work closely other experienced counsel and compliance professionals, and regularly engage directly with mid- and senior-level business clients.
Applicants must be skilled at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and challenging, but highly rewarding, environment; have strong analytical, client counseling, and negotiation skills; have significant experience guiding and working directly with senior-level management; be self-motivated; and, most importantly, be an optimistic, curious, and collaborative team player.
Prior financial services and/or payments industry experience is strongly preferred.
Visa is looking for someone who will:
- Work closely with global business and technology teams, including senior management, to understand and achieve key business objectives and help them develop compelling product and service offerings
- Partner with the global business solutions team to support the launch and global expansion of new business to business payment processing initiatives
- Draft, negotiate and drive to completion, complex commercial agreements that achieve business objectives, and continue to support those business relationships once consummated
- Provide sophisticated and creative counseling and advice to mid and senior-level business and technology teams regarding product development, deployment, and associated commercial and contracting considerations
- Work closely with Visa’s regional and local legal and business teams globally, and assist these teams in resolving regional and local issues, including to achieve consistency on approaches and issues by Visa worldwide
- Initiate and help drive process and efficiency improvements across the legal team
- 6-8 years of legal practice; combination of in-house and top-tier law firm experience preferred
- Strong academic credentials, including a J.D. degree (or international equivalent); admitted to practice law in the United States
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, and engage directly with senior management with little or no supervision
- Must be a practical and creative problem-solver with strong business acumen and work ethic
- Must be able to manage and drive the legal and regulatory aspects of complex business initiatives, both in the U.S. and internationally