Since we're striving to create an entirely new kind of conscious banking platform, there are several unique challenges and opportunities we face in today's legal and regulatory environment. This role is being created to serve as our de facto head of legal, reporting directly to our COO. Together, along with outside counsel, we'll ensure our entire operation and product is on solid legal footing while enabling our customers to be a part of something bigger than a bank.
In practical terms, you'll provide business-oriented and practical legal advice to teams from Marketing, Product, Engineering, Finance, and other clients on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, company policies and procedures, and business strategy.
You'll negotiate, draft, and provide advice on complex commercial agreements relating to all aspects of Good Money’s business, including identifying and advising on new and changing laws and regulations that affect operations, new product development, and compliance obligations.
Things that will help you succeed in the role:
- JD and licensed to practice in California
- 2+ years at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department
- 2+ years at a fintech startup
- Experience in consumer financial services (both federal and state law), in particular with new product development
- Exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to manage competing projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to convey complex legal advice to business people
- A desire to learn and master new areas of law
- A freedom and responsibility culture; space to be you and live your life
- Remote-first culture with location flexibility as long as you have strong wifi and feel alive
- Fully-stocked San Francisco HQ and LA sister office with space for quiet, deep work and team collaboration
- Support to help build out your remote home office
- Premium health/dental/vision coverage nationwide
- Open and encouraged PTO
- All the equipment you need to get things done