IFG Companies seeks an experienced contracts and corporate attorney to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment providing legal support across business units with a major focus on information technology and corporate law.Position Summary
IFG Companies seeks an experienced contracts and corporate attorney to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment providing legal support across business units with a major focus on information technology and corporate law. The successful candidate will have significant contract drafting and negotiation experience, as well as a solid grounding in insurance law and corporate law and governance.Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements including but not limited to software licensing agreements, master services agreements, SOWs, non-disclosure agreements, IT vendor agreements and consulting or business services agreements.
- Track the status of contracts from submission through execution using a contract management application; keep business partners apprised of status as appropriate.
- Conduct research, analyze statutes and regulations, monitor developments in contract and intellectual property law and summarize results and present findings to company's attorneys and business partners.
- Assist with maintaining and updating corporate books and records, including but not limited to articles of incorporation and bylaws, certificates of authority and board of director’s materials and assist in the review of corporate transaction legal documents.
- Provide support for various projects related to process improvements, risk management, record retention, implementation of new laws, reinsurance, due diligence and corporate investigations.
- Keep up to date on relevant law changes and provide summaries and analyses of such changes to other department lawyers and senior management.
- Ability to attract, recruit and retain top talent;
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
Education / Experience / Certifications
- Robust working knowledge of contract law, insurance law and corporate law.
- Experience in the property & casualty insurance industry, preferred.
- Excellent research and writing skills, including use of Westlaw and other online databases.
- Clear, concise legal reasoning and judgment, while demonstrating flexibility and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex legal issues and ideas into succinct explanations and to find compliant, working solutions for business partners.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to work collaboratively cross functionally and with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including managing multiple projects in a dynamic development environment;
- Demonstrated long-term commitment to ethical practice of law.
- 5-8 years' experience as a licensed attorney at an insurance company, in-house corporate law department or law firm.
- JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school, plus admission to either the Connecticut Bar or another state bar with eligibility for Connecticut Authorized House Counsel status required.
Physical demands are considered to be those of an office environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion. This position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interactions with others in meetings or via phone.Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, long-term care, education assistance and paid time off.