For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now. Major Accountabilities:
New Balance Athletics, Inc. , a Boston based international consumer products company, is seeking an experienced corporate lawyer to support its US based sports marketing, team sports and internal audit departments
While the lawyers in the legal department are involved in a broad range of matters covering various company functions, the individual’s primary responsibilities will include:
Requirements For Success:
- Negotiating and drafting short and long term athlete contracts including image and name licensing in particular involving football (soccer), basketball, baseball, tennis, ice hockey and track and field
- Negotiating and drafting sponsorship agreements with professional teams, universities and event promoters
- Negotiating and drafting sales and marketing agreement with team sports customers
- Advising and supporting sports marketing personnel on legal and business issues on a regular basis
- Assisting the internal audit team in compliance matters including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (and related foreign laws), New Balance’s internal Code of Conduct and state, federal and international data privacy laws such as GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Responsibility for New Balance’s data security breach protocols and internal manual. Will be expected to take a leading role in the event of any security breach.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 4-6 years of recent experience with athlete contracts or sponsorship agreements in a major law firm or in-house law department.
- Must be a member of the Bar and possess excellent academic credentials and superior analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.