A Global Payment Technology Solutions Company is looking for an energized commercial/technology attorney to join its dynamic legal team to serve as a legal partner to the Cyber & Intelligence Solutions (C&I) and Digital Products/Partnerships groups of A Global Payment Technology Solutions Company. A Global Payment Technology Solutions Company’s C&I team provides strategic and cutting edge safety, security, identity and fraud solutions to A Global Payment Technology Solutions Company’s customers and cardholders. This innovative team helps develop the next generation of A Global Payment Technology Solutions Company product solutions with respect to authentication, artificial intelligence, behavioral biometrics, cybersecurity, contactless transactions, and the internet-of-things.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, Cyber & Intelligence Solutions, this position will provide the legal and general support for the commercialization of C&I products in Latin America and the Caribbean. This position will also dual report into the Senior Counsel Digital Products/Partnerships (LAC) who will be co-located in the same office.
This exciting role will also support the commercialization of Digital Products and execution of Digital Partnerships in LAC.
- Provide solution-oriented counsel in support of the commercialization and sales efforts of the regional and local C&I Digital Products/Partnerships teams;
- Advise on legal, regulatory, reputational, and liability matters for new and existing products under an agile product development environment. Research on local law, conduct jurisdictional reviews, and collaborate with subject matter experts on data privacy, regulatory, IP, and other issues;
- Assist the broader C&I and Digital Products/Partnerships legal team by closely monitoring and staying tuned with C&I’s and Digital Products/Partnerships LAC strategy and direction, connecting the dots and understanding big picture and helping to guide the rest of the legal team to support the business accordingly and assisting in keeping the legal team proactive and ahead;
- Structure, draft, and negotiate complex commercial, services, partnership and license agreements;
- Leadership and liaison roles in aligning and collaborating across various business and legal teams;
- Collaborate with team members on product development and go-to-market implementation;
- Strategic partner and trusted advisor to a demanding business unit; High level of interaction with business clients;
- Manage wide-ranging issues such as data usage/privacy, intellectual property, compliance, regulatory, and tax by partnering with subject matter experts in these areas and other stakeholder teams, and balancing these issues against reputational risk to ensure product constructs and commercial agreements are consistent with corporate strategy, internal policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations;
- Support sales and execution initiatives in defined markets within LAC.
All About You
- Strong global experience in supporting commercialization of products and product management
- Solid transactional training and experience (preferably from a highly reputable law firm); Must have strong drafting and negotiations skills with the ability to manage complex issues and deal structure;
- Ability to operate in an agile and less than full information environment and ability to make quick but calculated decisions while managing risk effectively;
- Must be pragmatic, solutions-oriented, business-friendly, creative, nimble, thought provoker, and an advocate for the business; Must have leadership skills in bringing different perspectives together and work through competing priorities;
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, but also take direction from manager and other team members, as appropriate;
- Must multi-task effectively in an extremely fast-paced team environment with short turnaround times;
- Must have strong communication skills to interact with clients and colleagues; Spanish and/or Portuguese fluency preferred.
- Must be a team player and willing to take on responsibilities and roles that support the team, region, department and the company;
- Must be interested in significant contact with the business clients on a daily basis
- A Juris Doctorate degree (or non-U.S. equivalent) and admitted to bar (or non-U.S. equivalent) and in good standing
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.