Job Description Summary:
Role summary: The Legal Counsel will be a key player in a small team at GE corporate headquarters in Boston whose mission is to oversee and coordinate the complete range of GE’s securities law compliance, including SEC reporting, board of directors and other corporate governance matters, executive compensation disclosure and monitoring, securities aspects of M&A activity and global securities compliance. The Senior Counsel will work closely with the following internal clients and groups: GE General Counsel, GE Board of Directors, Controllership/Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Human Resources (Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits), other groups within the Legal department (Litigation, M&A, EHS, Gov’t Affairs & Policy, etc.), Investor Relations, Communications, Treasury, Strategy & Risk.Job Description:Responsibilities include:
- SEC reporting and monitoring, corporate governance matters, executive compensation disclosure and monitoring, securities aspects of M&A activity, global securities compliance and the other corporate, securities and regulatory lawyers throughout the GE enterprise.
- Counseling GE's board of directors, top business management and field lawyers at all levels in the GE enterprise on the federal and state securities laws and disclosure issues, state corporate laws and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and SEC implementing regulations;
- Preparing/reviewing the company's Exchange Act reports and Securities Act registration statements;
- Preparing for board of directors' meetings, including preparation of meeting materials and drafting board minutes;
- Helping to maintain and strengthen the company's disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting;
- Staying abreast of emerging trends and developments in securities law, corporate law and governance, and coordinating internal and external resources to provide education and training;
- Advising senior management and Human Resources about securities and disclosure implications of executive compensation and employee benefits decisions, policies and plans;
- Managing the filing of insider transaction reports;
- Preparing for and engaging in investor outreach, including researching of investor positions on corporate governance practices and assessing and advising on GE's governance policies;
- Assisting with sustainability matters and engagement activities, including formal and informal reporting on the Company’s narratives, progress and results across relevant environmental, social and governance (ESG) topic areas;
- Coordinating internal and external legal resources to assure U.S. and international securities law and stock exchange listing compliance;
- Preparing for the company's annual meeting of shareowners; and
- Managing and forging strong working relationships with clients served within the GE enterprise.
- Member in good standing of the bar of any state in the U.S.
- Demonstrated knowledge and command of corporate and securities law issues, with a minimum of three years of practice, preferably corporate at a law firm
- Outstanding communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a complex and fast-moving environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management
- Maintains confidentiality of information, exercises appropriate discretion and uses information appropriately
- Works ethically and with integrity aligned with organizational goals and values
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect
- Develops positive relationships and lead through influence with internal partners, build consensus and prioritize action and results
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.