SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 80 Lamberton Road, Windsor, CT 06095
Support the Alternatives Fund Administration business. The attorney will have primary responsibility for drafting, negotiating and advising in respect of a range of services agreements, commercial contracts and fund documents, including technology service agreements, client outsourcing agreements, software license agreements and consulting agreements. The attorney will advise key stakeholders at SS&C on contractual standards and liability.
- Draft, negotiate and administer contracts for customers and vendors of various business groups of the Company. Contracts include technology services agreements, outsourcing agreements, software license agreements, consulting agreements and nondisclosure agreements.
- Prepare correspondence and respond to inquiries on behalf of the business units to external clients.
- Respond to requests for legal advice from business unit management.
- Communicate effectively with businesses to ensure contract reflects desired product or service.
- Participate in and provide advice on legal ramifications of client transactions and accounting consequences including revenue recognition.
- Participate in legal department meetings and projects as directed by the Assistant General Counsel and General Counsel.
- Perform other duties as required which may include legal research, litigation management, and corporate administration.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school and be admitted in good standing in the New York State Bar or another relevant state bar.
- Two to four years’ prior experience in law firm or in-house legal department.
- Knowledge of financial services industry, fund administration, anti-money laundering regulations, regulatory matters, including data privacy, in typical alternative investment fund US and non-US jurisdictions, or outsourcing preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (e.g. presentation, listening and drafting).
- Interpersonal skills necessary are key: negotiation, cooperation, diplomacy, strong planning, organizational and coordinating skills.
- Experience and comfort working with and advising business clients directly.
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage a large volume of assignments.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.